MIYABI Birchwood SG2 4.5″ Paring Knife – Small, light and versatile knife with a slim blade and centre tip. Peels, cuts, cleans and garnishes fruit and vegetables. Also suitable for preparing meat and larding.
The potent core of SG2 super steel is protected by a 101-layer stunning flower Damascus pattern.
The CRYODUR® blade undergoes a four-step hardening process that maximizes the properties of the steel.
- Hardening done in a state-of-the-art vacuum furnace
- Rapid-quenching to room temperature in seconds
- Cryogenic treatment at -321° F to enhance the corrosion resistance
- Double tempering to improve toughness
- Traditional 3-step Honbazuke hand-honed edge
- Fully rounded spine
- Karelian (Masur) Birch handle
- Mosaic pin
- Two red spacers
- End cap with logo